Murphy? oh buzz off
I have been a pretty buoyant mood all day and suddenly remembered the Law that I used to absolutely swear by in school : Murphy's Law."If anything can go wrong, it will"
Cynical yes. Pessimistic yes. But then the law and its corollaries explain life better than any maharishi or pope can bloody well dream of doing.
So, I am at the official Murphy's Laws website and while browsing through the innumerable explanations to why life is so fucked up, this cynic's Bible takes me to its page on the Laws of Love, and what do I see? The four things I most firmly believe about love :
- All the good ones are taken. (oh tell me abt it.)
- If the person isn't taken, there's a reason.
- The nicer someone is, the farther away (s)he is from you. (Damn right. And I am referring to more than one person here)
- Availability is a function of time. The minute you get interested is the minute they find someone else.
I see ron online today after eons. Well it feels that long atleast. Somehow convince her that chatting is boring and we start talking on skype. Her mike isn't at its co-operative best and so I say ah fuck it and just call her. And what a conversation we have.
It was the first time I had actually called her from the US in my 2 yrs and few miserable* months here. And it felt like we were fitting 2 yrs of conversation into a measly 2 hours. She noted my voice sounded grown up. I noted her thoughts sounded grown up. And we had a conversation that spanned realities from before we first met to possibilities of where we could be twenty years from now. We do share common dreams afterall. And all this was interspersed with her gyan on every topic under the sun. Thats my good ol' rony. Though I must admit her thoughts reflect maturity beyond her years.
Her talking style (and she claims her entire personality) might have changed but she hardly seems to have changed from the inside over the last four years. And that is awesome. (For some reason I'm tempted into using the line from Sin City: "Sweet Little Nancy Callahad. She grew up. She filled out." But, umm NO.).
Everytime we wanted to elaborate on something we ended up saying the same line, " Ah lets leave that to discuss over coffee in december." And we both can't wait for it. :)
The good thing is that after the convo I felt happier than I have felt in over a year. As it is I had been feeling bouncier than usual after I vented out and talked to runki over the weekend, and this just helped matters further. To put it mathematically like I always like to, 70% was off my shoulders then and the remaining 30% went off now. And I have been all springy and bouncy both literally and otherwise :D. Its like im on Nitrous oxide or something. Im laughing and smiling and have been way too cheerful all day. And ppl are noticing too!
Gosh it feels like im high. Maybe I don't need LSD afterall ;)
* Ok my life is hardly as miserable as I make it out to be. I have a good life infact. I just thought that word seemed to fit well in the line :-p

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home